US Tax Returns

US Tax Return needed? We can help

Whether you are a US Citizen, Green Card holder or you simply own assets based in the USA, you will be required to complete and file an Annual US Tax Return. Our team specialises in the preparation and submission of US Tax Returns for non-US resident expatriates and UK investors.

We can help you with:

  • US Tax Return Preparation for individuals
  • Reporting Controlled Foreign Corporations
  • FBAR returns
  • ITIN Applications
  • US and International Tax Planning
  • Fixed Fees Experts-in-US-Tax

We have years of experience completing US Tax returns from the straightforward to the highly complex.


Even if not currently living in the USA, almost every US citizen, Green Card holder and even some foreign nationals need to file annual tax returns. Since American citizens and Green Card holders are subject to US Federal income tax on their worldwide income, the fact of moving abroad means tax affairs instantly become more complicated.

Filing separate tax returns in more than one country and dealing with the interaction of tax issues requires specialist advice.

Non-Americans may also have annual US filing requirements – for example, non-US partners of a US partnership, owners of US property or those doing business in the United States may need to file tax returns. The list of potential pitfalls is a long one.


The US tax year runs to December 31st each year, and a tax return normally needs to be filed by the following April 15th (with some exceptions). For US expats, however, an automatic extension of two months is provided if you are living abroad on Tax Day.

For a calendar year return, the automatic two-month extension is to June 15th. If you qualify for the 2-month extension but are unable to file your return by the automatic two-month extension date, you can request an additional extension to October 15th by filing Form 4868 (Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return) before the automatic 2-month extension date. We can help with this if you wish.

Penalties for late payment

If you qualify for the 2-month extension, penalties for paying any tax late are assessed from the 2-month extended due date of the payment (i.e. June 15th). Otherwise, if you do not qualify for the 2-month extension, penalties for paying late are assessed from the original due date of your return (April 15th for calendar year taxpayers).

Further Information

For further details, please call the team on 01934 620011 or send us a message now.


For more information about this, please contact:

Rachel Finch

Rachel Finch


01934 620011
Email Rachel