Tax Investigations Service
Protect yourself to save thousands
With the Government looking to reduce the massive national debt, it is likely that there will be continued pressure on HMRC to bring in additional revenue.
How can we help protect you?
Our Tax Investigation Service is designed to reimburse the costs of you obtaining professional advice from your own tax advisers at Burton Sweet in the event that you are selected for an enquiry. At the same time, we will provide you with the best possible representation and assurance that you won’t have to concede to the Revenue’s demands on a purely commercial basis. A typical in-depth enquiry can last eighteen months and cost upwards of £5000 (net of VAT) in professional fees.
You cover includes:
- Income Tax and Self-Assessment Full Enquiries
- Income Tax Self-Assessment Aspect Enquiries
- Corporation Tax Self-Assessment Full and Aspect Enquiries
- HMRC Enquiries under IR35
- Employer Compliance Disputes
- HMRC VAT Disputes
- Schedule 36 Enquiries – Compliance reviews in advance of PAYE/VAT visits and support during visits
- PAYE and VAT Compliance Visits
Our Tax Investigation Service is fully backed by an insurance policy, which the practice has taken out with Abbey Tax Protection.
Business Clients who subscribe to the service also have access to a 24hr telephone helpline. Further information about this service will be sent with your VAT receipt.