Accounts and Taxation SeniorWeston-super-Mare
Accounts and Taxation Senior
Required for Burton Sweet team based in Weston Super Mare
We require a self-motivated and positive individual with a passion for quality and excellence in service delivery and an attention to detail with associated skills for communication & working as part of our team in Weston Super Mare.
Assistance with maintaining and developing client relationship for a designated portfolio:
- Financial Accounts preparation, review, and analysis from a range of different sources –mainly computerised but including manual records for clients of the business. This to include the accounts of sole traders, partnerships and Limited companies.
- Financial reporting / disclosure matters
- Assistance with calculation of adjusted profits and capital allowances claims.
- Liaison/ support / meetings with clients and report writing/letter writing/ telephone support as necessary
- Tax Return preparation and analysis for a range of different clients with a range of different source of income – to include sole traders, partnerships, companies, directors and trusts /estates using different source material onto in- house tax software (Digita) and other supporting software
- Basic income & expenditure accounts, income summaries and scheduling of relevant data for tax return drafting. Ad hoc reporting as required.
- Assistance with other tax issues in respect of capital taxation and indirect tax matters.
- Liaison with HMRC and report writing/letter writing as necessary with support as needed
- Use of in house tax software and accounts preparation software and industry standard products for review and analysis of client data
- Use of Microsoft Excel for data analysis and scheduling
- Use of accounts preparation software and industry standard products used by clients such as SAGE, Xero and Quickbooks
- To keep up to date with changes in relevant tax legislation
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Highly organized
- Team Working
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Accounting applications
- AAT qualified with a minimum of 4 years tax and accountancy experience
- Personal / Corporate Tax experience
- Accounts preparation experience
- Basic Capital Taxes
- Portfolio management / oversight of junior assistants
- Basic VAT knowledge
- Experience of HMRC aspect enquiries
- Digita Tax and Accounts software
Salary dependent on qualifications and experience, holiday 28 days including Bank Holidays, pension and PHI after successful completion of probationary period.
Interested candidates must have suitable and relevant skills and experience which will include many of the detailed responsibilities.
Please send a letter of application together with your CV to:
Angela Quilt, HR Support
North Somerset BN22 8NG
Or email to email@example.com